I lead the Computational neuroscience of sensory systems group at the Vision Institute. My main interests are neural modeling of perception and spike initiation. More information on my webpage and my blog.
- , 2022. An electrophysiological and behavioral model of Paramecium, the “swimming neuron”, bioRxiv.
- , 2021. Electrical match between initial segment and somatodendritic compartment for action potential backpropagation in retinal ganglion cells, Journal of Neurophysiology.
- , 2020. Axonal Na+ channels detect and transmit levels of input synchrony in local brain circuits, Science Advances, volume 6.
- , 2020. Theoretical relation between axon initial segment geometry and excitability, eLife, volume 9.
- , 2020. A simple device to immobilize protists for electrophysiology and microinjection, Journal of Experimental Biology, volume 223.
- , 2019. Anticipatory coadaptation of ankle stiffness and sensorimotor gain for standing balance, PLOS Computational Biology, volume 15.
- , 2019. Brian 2, an intuitive and efficient neural simulator, eLife (Frances K Skinner, ed.), volume 8.
- , 2019. Postural adjustments in anticipation of predictable perturbations allow elderly fallers to achieve a balance recovery performance equivalent to elderly non-fallers, Gait & Posture, volume 71.
- , 2019. Modeling Neuron--Glia Interactions with the Brian 2 Simulator, Chapter in Computational Glioscience (Maurizio De Pittà, Hugues Berry, eds.), Springer.
- , 2019. Neural coding: The bureaucratic model of the brain, Behavioral and Brain Sciences, volume 42.
- , 2019. Is coding a relevant metaphor for the brain?, Behavioral and Brain Sciences, volume 42.
- , 2018.Code generation in computational neuroscience: a review of tools and techniques, Front. Neuroinform., volume 12.
- , 2018. The electrical significance of axon location diversity, Current Opinion in Neurobiology, volume 51.
- , 2018. Contribution of the Axon Initial Segment to Action Potentials Recorded Extracellularly, eNeuro, volume 5.
- , 2018. The world is complex, not just noisy, Behavioral and Brain Sciences, volume 41.
- , 2017. On the relation between pitch and level, Hearing Research.
- , 2017. The basis of sharp spike onset in standard biophysical models, PLoS ONE, volume 12.
- , 2017. Mobility as the Purpose of Postural Control, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, volume 11.
- , 2016. Covariation of axon initial segment location and dendritic tree normalizes the somatic action potential, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, volume 113.
- , 2016.Slow feature analysis with spiking neurons and its application to audio stimuli, Journal of computational neuroscience, volume 40.
- , 2016.On the variation of interaural time differences with frequency, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, volume 139.
- , 2015. Philosophy of the Spike: Rate-Based vs. Spike-Based Theories of the Brain, Frontiers in systems neuroscience, volume 9.
- , 2015. Fast Learning with Weak Synaptic Plasticity, The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, volume 35.
- , 2015. Neural tuning matches frequency-dependent time differences between the ears, eLife, volume 4.
- , 2014.Estimation of the low-frequency components of the head-related transfer functions of animals from photographs, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, volume 135.
- , 2014. Spike-threshold adaptation predicted by membrane potential dynamics in vivo, PLoS computational biology, volume 10.
- , 2014. Equation-oriented specification of neural models for simulations, Frontiers in neuroinformatics, volume 8.
- , 2014. A Structural Theory of Pitch(1,2,3), eNeuro, volume 1.
- , 2013. Sharpness of spike initiation in neurons explained by compartmentalization, PLoS computational biology, volume 9.
- , 2013. Decoding neural responses to temporal cues for sound localization, eLife, volume 2.
- , 2013.Predicting spike timing in highly synchronous auditory neurons at different sound levels, Journal of neurophysiology, volume 110.
- , 2012.A calibration-free electrode compensation method, Journal of neurophysiology, volume 108.
- , 2012.Simulating spiking neural networks on GPU, Network (Bristol, England), volume 23.
- , 2012.The impact of early reflections on binaural cues, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, volume 132.
- , 2011. Effect of instantaneous frequency glides on interaural time difference processing by auditory coincidence detectors, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, volume 108.
- , 2011. Spike-timing dependent plasticity and feed-forward input oscillations produce precise and invariant spike phase-locking, Frontiers in computational neuroscience, volume 5.
- , 2011.Sensitivity of noisy neurons to coincident inputs, The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, volume 31.
- , 2011.Late emergence of the vibrissa direction selectivity map in the rat barrel cortex, The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, volume 31.
- , 2011. Brian hears: online auditory processing using vectorization over channels, Frontiers in neuroinformatics, volume 5.
- , 2011.Vectorized algorithms for spiking neural network simulation, Neural computation, volume 23.
- , 2011. Impact of fast sodium channel inactivation on spike threshold dynamics and synaptic integration, PLoS computational biology, volume 7.
- , 2010.On the interpretation of sensitivity analyses of neural responses, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, volume 128.
- , 2010. Spike-timing-based computation in sound localization, PLoS computational biology, volume 6.
- , 2010. A threshold equation for action potential initiation, PLoS computational biology, volume 6.
- , 2010. Automatic fitting of spiking neuron models to electrophysiological recordings, Frontiers in neuroinformatics, volume 4.
- , 2009. The brian simulator, Frontiers in neuroscience, volume 3.
- , 2009.Generation of correlated spike trains, Neural computation, volume 21.
- , 2008.Dynamics and bifurcations of the adaptive exponential integrate-and-fire model, Biological cybernetics, volume 99.
- , 2008. Brian: a simulator for spiking neural networks in python, Frontiers in neuroinformatics, volume 2.
- , 2008.Characterizing synaptic conductance fluctuations in cortical neurons and their influence on spike generation, Journal of neuroscience methods, volume 169.
- , 2008. The Cauchy problem for one-dimensional spiking neuron models, Cognitive neurodynamics, volume 2.
- , 2008.Dynamic I-V curves are reliable predictors of naturalistic pyramidal-neuron voltage traces, Journal of neurophysiology, volume 99.
- , 2007.Exact simulation of integrate-and-fire models with exponential currents, Neural computation, volume 19.
- , 2006.Exact simulation of integrate-and-fire models with synaptic conductances, Neural computation, volume 18.
- , 2005.Adaptive exponential integrate-and-fire model as an effective description of neuronal activity, Journal of neurophysiology, volume 94.
- , 2004.Dynamics of one-dimensional spiking neuron models, Journal of mathematical biology, volume 48.
- , 2003.Reliability of spike timing is a general property of spiking model neurons, Neural computation, volume 15.