Research Engineer (IR2 Sorbonne University)
I am a software research engineer working on tools for neural simulations, as well as supporting the team in their work on neural data analysis (spike sorting) and electrophysiology. My main focus is the development of Brian 2, the most recent version of the Brian simulator. This simulator combines an easy-to-use and flexible high-level syntax (models are described in Python scripts using mathematical notation for the equations governing the model dynamics) with an efficient simulation framework based on a modular approach that transparently generates, compiles and executes code.
- , 2021. Neurons with dendrites can perform linearly separable computations with low resolution synaptic weights [version 3; peer review: 3 approved], F1000Research, volume 9.
- , 2020. Brian2GeNN: accelerating spiking neural network simulations with graphics hardware, Sci Rep, volume 10.
- , 2019. Brian 2, an intuitive and efficient neural simulator, eLife (Frances K Skinner, ed.), volume 8.
- , 2019. Modeling Neuron--Glia Interactions with the Brian 2 Simulator, Chapter in Computational Glioscience (Maurizio De Pittà, Hugues Berry, eds.), Springer.
- , 2018.Code generation in computational neuroscience: a review of tools and techniques, Front. Neuroinform., volume 12.
- , 2018. A spike sorting toolbox for up to thousands of electrodes validated with ground truth recordings in vitro and in vivo, eLife (David Kleinfeld, ed.), eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd, volume 7.
- , 2018. [Re] Non-additive coupling enables propagation of synchronous spiking activity in purely random networks, ReScience, volume 4.
- , 2017. Sustainable computational science: the ReScience initiative, PeerJ Computer Science, volume 3.
- , 2015. Fast Learning with Weak Synaptic Plasticity, The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, volume 35.
- , 2014. Equation-oriented specification of neural models for simulations, Frontiers in neuroinformatics, volume 8.
- , 2009. The operating regime of local computations in primary visual cortex, Cerebral cortex (New York, N.Y. : 1991), volume 19.
- , 2007. Dynamics of orientation tuning in cat v1 neurons depend on location within layers and orientation maps, Frontiers in neuroscience, volume 1.